Inspiration From The Distant Past

Inspiration From The Distant Past
Found note in an old book... warms the cockles of my bookish heart...

Monday, October 17, 2011

Bargain Book Bonanza (27): More Newbery Books!


 Welcome to Bargain Book Bonanza!

A book haul linky party for bargain loving bookworms!



Want to join the party? Just visit the Bargain Book Bonanza page for the particulars.


Lesa is hosting this week!


Welcome, bargain loving friends!

If you've been thinking: That lazy, Lesa! Where is BBB? Didn't she photograph all her bargain books for future BBB posts into infinity?

Well, yes and yes. I am lazy and I did photograph all my bargain books. But the computer had to be wiped. Thank goodness, my photos are safe on an external harddrive, whew! Still such a pain since everything had to be reloaded including my photo editing programs ect. Hub handles all that and it takes awhile (he is on the lazy side too).

Anyhoo, I'm now back in BBB biz.

So this week selection adds to my growing collection of Newbery winners and honor books...



Two paperbacks (.20 each) and one hardback (.50) from Goodwill 

Have you read any of these?

The only one I've read is Charlotte's Web. It is a fave from my childhood and I can't wait to read it to my little boy.

UH OH! He just ran in, saw the photo and said: Charlotte's Web! My teacher read that to us!

That is okay. He enjoys a reread as much as his mama and I'm thrilled he has such a wonderful bookloving teacher. I liked my first grade teacher but she didn't read cool books like that to the class. Did yours?  Actually, I only remember the school librarian reading picture books to the class. Hmm... I'm thinking my early education was deprived! 


If you have a bargain book, please link up and share. We love to brag on bargains!



4 comments:

  1. Your books look beautiful. Charlotte's Web I've read but not the others hope you and your little one enjoy them. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by my blog! I love spending less for my books. Why not do a little bragging about it? ;) I don't get to browse the local thrift store as often as I'd like because my little ones are both under two. We don't live in town and getting out is a challenge!

    I don't remember too much from my first grade class. I remember that I knew we hard to start taking pool class in first grade and I BEGGED my mom to tell the teacher that I DID NOT WANT to participate. I do remember being read Charlotte's Web and loving it, but not sure what grade I was in. Childhood was a blur! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chris: Thanks-- We will enjoy!

    Carrie: Yay!! Now I don't feel so lonely!haha

    Two babies-- that would make the book hunting trickier. I live way out in the country too so I know what you mean about that-- I've found the best spots for books in the towns we shop in so I can utilize my time wisely and not exhaust my poor fam's patience.

    Pool class? Swimming or billiards? ;o) I'll guess swimming-- very cool that was offered at your school. I really was deprived in first grade!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have read Charlotte's Web, of course. Not the others. Let us know how they are. I am reading The Boxcar Children/Kids (whichev) and Hardy Boys to my kiddos. They are in such suspense. My 10 yr old begs to read ahead and my 6 year old asks me to "just tell me what happened! I can't wait, Mama! PLEASE!"
    Hee hee hee. So much power - so little time.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to the yakkity yak box, Book Lovers! Your comments are greatly appreciated so please feel free to share your thoughts and ask questions.

Comments/questions will receive a response here and visits will be returned as time allows. We are a chatty bunch but also busy with work/school/family so apologies in advance for any delays.

:o)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...